Friday 5 September 2014

New Garden Furniture

I know that, at the end of my last post, I said my next one would probably be about another quilt I made for Bo. But then I remembered that I'd taken some photos of our new garden furniture - and the bits and bobs I made to prettify it.  

So, a change of plan.....  I've decided to post a show-and-tell about the garden stuff first, before it feels too autumny to write about that kind of thing!

Knowing that we'd be staying at home for the summer this year (and that we'd be having several sets of visitors), we decided to buy some new garden furniture so that we'd be able to enjoy the sunshine right here.  

We found a set that we liked in IKEA (of course).  But it needed brightening up, I thought (actually, I was just in need of a new sewing project at that time).  So I made some patchwork cushions for the seats, and some coasters for the table.  Here they are(along with a couple of flower photos).....









When I'd finished making the cushions and coasters, I planned to make a couple of lengths of bunting to match.  But little Bo arrived before I got the chance. It's on my 'to-do' list for next spring.....

Happy Friday!!!

Carly

x



7 comments:

  1. That is really lovely. I love Ikea too and the seating looks really comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! It looks so cute and cozy in it's perfect simplicity. Love how the your fabric colors match the flowers! Well done!
    Kate :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cushions are a lovely homely touch. I always love the fabrics you pick for all your patchwork projects, they looks so crisp and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely your new garden furniture looks with those gorgeous cushions! You chose some lovely fabrics, and the flowers match too :)
    Happy week!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Carly, so confortable, so cozy that garden corner of yours.
    Those pillows give a lot of colourful charm. We feel like sitting there!
    Beijinhos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cushions look so pretty and summery Carly...you've created a lovely relaxing space to spend time with little Bo!
    Hope you have a great weekend,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit, and for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's always a pleasure to hear from readers, and it really makes my day!

Carly

x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...