Tuesday 13 August 2013

Flowers, Bumblebees and Butterflies

We spent the first three weeks of the summer holidays in England, visiting both sets of parents, day-tripping, and lazing in the sunshine.

I realised when we got home that I'd taken HEAPS of photos of flowers (and bees and butterflies).  Most of them were taken in my parents' garden (my dad's fingers are a lot greener than mine), and a few were taken in the gardens of Hardwick Hall (a National Trust property in Derbyshire that's well worth a visit if you've never been - click here to have a little look). 

Are you ready for a bit of scrolling?  There are a fair few photos coming up.....






















Do you think that the flower in the last photo looks like it has a cute little face?  I definitely see a long nose, two beady eyes, and a pair of specs!  

My two favourite snaps from this lot are the top one (although I have no idea what the plant is), and the hairy bumblebee.

I'm sure I'll be photographing LOTS more flowers before the summer holidays are over.....

Hope you're all having a super summer so far!

Carly

x

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous pictures!
    The top one is Astrantia - I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pics of plants! My favourite is the bumble bee picture. Sounds like you're having a fab summer holiday. XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Carly. well done on the butterfly shots!! If you get a chance Carly, I would love if you would vote for me at Project run and play - I am competing for the last two spots in the next season!! details are on my blog. thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely ... the butterfly ones are beautiful ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous post Carly...I love pics of butterflies, bees and flowers so this is a favourite for me...Yes, I can see that little face too!:D
    Hope you're having a great week,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all so lovely!! If I had to pick favorites I'd say the leaf shot with the fantastic lines, and the fuzzy bumblebee! And yes, totally see that face! Fun!
    Have a great rest of the summer! If it's like mine, it's going way too fast!!
    Kate :}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that bumble bee close up is amazing, great pics x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit, and for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's always a pleasure to hear from readers, and it really makes my day!

Carly

x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...