When my friend had a little baby girl at Christmas, I was not only excited about the fact that she’d had a baby, but also about the crafting opportunities afforded to me by having a little girl to ‘experiment’ on.
As I’ve been eager to make more clothes lately, I decided to have a go at making a little outfit for Mathilda. I hadn’t made any teeny-tiny clothes before, but I hoped that it couldn’t go too badly wrong. As Mathilda just happens to be the cutest little girl ever, she’d look sweet in it even if it turned out to be an epic failure!
I had an idea in my mind of the KIND of thing I wanted to make – an outfit with a cross-over-type dress and some little bloomers. As I couldn’t find anything exactly right in any of my books or online, I combined bits and bobs from here and there, and got to work finding fabrics, cutting out and sewing-up.
And here’s what I ended up with.....
I REALLY enjoyed this project! It didn’t take me too long, but it gave me a few challenges, like having to put the patterns together from bits I’d gathered from elsewhere, and also using shirring elastic in the bobbin case and creating button holes (neither of which I’d attempted before).
So, I think little Mathilda may be getting a few more handmade-by-me outfits in the future.
Until next time.....