Wednesday 3 April 2013

Re-purposed Necklace


A few weeks ago, I sorted out my ‘jewellery’ draw.  It consists of brightly-coloured bits of plastic, wood and fabric.  A burglar would be VERY disappointed by its contents but, to me, it’s full of precious treasures!

There were a few things in there that I don’t wear any more, and others that I’ve never worn.  So, I decided to do a bit of re-purposing.  I took all the beads off the necklaces, and turned them into new ones.  I’ve worn ALL of them since – so I’m glad I didn’t just chuck the old necklaces in the bin!  

This one’s my favourite:





It’s just a few wooden beads, a few plastic beads, and a length of gingham ribbon.  I love necklaces with ribbon closures, as I can wear them as long or as short as I like (depending on the neckline of the top I’m wearing). 

Putting on my glittery head-scarf, looking all mystical, and gazing in to my crafty crystal ball, I see more jewellery-making projects in the not-too-distant future.  Watch this space.....

Carly

x

9 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! I love it. What a clever idea!
    M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, I would wear that! Clever lady xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe..... fab idea Carly.
    I've never thought to repurpose the jewellery I don't wear. Thanks for the idea.
    Love your necklace, such a simple but effective idea.

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty ... I have boxes of unworn jewellery ... I must search it out ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute!! I've been seeing wooden beaded necklaces more and more... I may just have to jump on this train!!
    Kate :}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours! Simple yet effective :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello sweet Carly, You are so clever dear friend! I love what you did with your jewelry. The necklace is so pretty and the colors are very cheerful! I love that it ties with a ribbon and you can wear it long or shorter! Did I mention how clever you are?! Oh, you do tickle me with your headscarf and crafty crystal ball.... I look forward to seeing more of your repurposing! Lots of love, Paula xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. A belated Happy Easter life has been hectic - love your necklace so pretty with ribbon
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit, and for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's always a pleasure to hear from readers, and it really makes my day!

Carly

x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...