Monday 25 March 2013

Easter Bunny Bunting Tutorial

This year, I wanted to add a little something to my collection of Easter decorations, and decided that some sort of bunting (for the kitchen) was the way to go.  I wasn’t sure whether to go for eggs or bunnies, but plumped for bunnies in the end (maybe I’ll do some egg bunting next year). 


I searched the internet for ages, looking for a bunny template (of which there are thousands) that was quite tall, but thin enough to fit on some strips of backing paper that I wanted to use.  In the end, I just made up my own (to fit my paper).  You could use my template, or find a different shape by doing a Google search.

So, here goes with the tutorial.....

Things you'll need:
  • Bunny template pdf (printed on to thick paper or card)
  • Pretty papers or card
  • Tiny buttons
  • Scissors
  • Craft knife
  • A pencil
  • A length of ribbon (mine was about 2m long)
  • Needle and thread (or glue)
What to do:

1.  Print out the template (on card, if you can) and cut it out.


2.  Draw around the template on the back of some pretty card (or thick paper).  Cut out the bunny shape.



3.  Cut out lots of bunnies, in different colours and patterns, until you have a nice little bunny family (I made 10).


4.  Stick on some buttons to make your bunnies’ eyes (maybe steer clear of red – I used some red buttons and these bunnies look a bit evil - see a few photos below).



5.  Using a craft knife, cut two parallel lines going down either side of the bunnies’ necks (this sounds a bit brutal, but the bunnies won’t feel a thing).  The lines should be about an inch apart, and slightly longer than the width of your ribbon (so that you’ll be able to thread the ribbon through the holes easily).


6.  Make a loop at each end of your ribbon.  I sewed mine, but I guess glue would do the trick just as well (and in a quarter of the time).



7.  Now comes the fun bit..... arrange your bunnies in a row, and thread them on to the ribbon.  Space them out evenly.



8.  Hang them up, using the little loops you made at either end, and..... tadaaaaaaa!!!  Bonnie bunny bunting, just in time for Easter!!!



  
What have you been crafting to decorate your house for Easter???

Carly

x

16 comments:

  1. Those bunnies are super cute! I can't really get myself to decorate for any holiday except for Halloween. Maybe that will change when I have kids someday. The problem is that I wouldn't take the decoration down for ages. Imagine snowy and christmasy bunnies and spring flowers, now that would be just silly ;)

    Cheers, Anni
    bastelbazooka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bunnies Carly ... very pretty ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute!! I love how your paper crafts reflect your sewing crafts! I'm working on my Easter table currently...
    Kate :}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello sweet Carly! I love your bunny bunting! It is so cheerful and sweet! You did a beautiful job sweetie! Thank you for sharing the template and instructions! I got tickled about the red eyed bunnies looking evil! It really doesn't! They are all so cute! Much love dear friend! xoxo Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your craft projects!! We just bought our house and have been renovating...i can't wait to start doing craft projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This bunting is soooo cute, I love it! Thanks so much for the template and the tutorial! I hope to get around to it before the weekend. I have been doing a little Easter crafting myself, hope to share soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab bunny bunting! I love the sweet bunny shaped template you found, and the project looks like a lovely one to make!
    Have a great week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh this is so pretty carly!!! and thanks so much for the tutorial!!! I especially loved the idea of the tiny buttons as eyes (and the red evil eyes LOL that made me laugh ^_^) and the paper you used are fab!

    hugs federica

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you so much!!they are adorable....going to make mine now!
    Have a blessed Easter weekend...

    xxx
    Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant! I'm not normally a bunting kind of gal but this is lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...with little neck-a-chiefs!

    My girls would love this - thanks for the tutorial.

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! I love the paper colors and patterns you chose! Thanks for the tutorial and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bunting is just lovely! So sweet. Thank you for sharing.
    M xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit, and for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's always a pleasure to hear from readers, and it really makes my day!

Carly

x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...