Monday 2 January 2012

New Year's Resolutions 2012


Firstly, I want to say “HAPPY NEW YEAR” to you all.  I hope you had a happy and fun Christmas, saw in 2012 in style, and have eaten as much as I have!!!

Because of my over-indulgence over the past week or so, I guess I should be starting my 'New Year’s Resolutions 2012' post with a promise to diet or do more exercise.  BUT that’s no fun, is it?  And we all know that we should NOT make promises that we can’t keep!  So, no more impossible-to-stick-to resolutions for me!!!  I’ve decided that this year’s resolutions will be fun, feasible and CRAFTY!!!

I’m hoping that, having written down this year’s pledges for the whole world to see, I’ll feel under some pressure to MAKE SURE I keep them.  Well, we’ll see how it goes.....


Here they are:

1)  Learn to crochet. 
2)  Make more things for myself (including some clothes).
3)  Make more (and hopefully buy less) greetings cards.
4)  Have a go at knitting things that are not just sewn-up rectangles.
5)  Experiment with making more home accessories.
6)  Improve my photography skills.
7)  Post more tutorials on my blog.

What are your crafty new year’s resolutions for 2012?

Carly

x

P.S.  My 2012 calendar (in the photos) is from www.ktwoproducts.com. They sell some really cute organisers, diaries, address books, etc.  AND they have a sale on at the moment!  ;-) 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Carly, I want to be able to get neater with my crochet work and to do a big throw for us. I bought some laura ashley fabric in the sale last year 15 metres for £45. A real bargain and I would like to try my hand at making curtains and soft furnishings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I want to learn to crochet too. That's topping my list as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very similar to yours!
    hope you manage them all - I spent three days solid practising my crochet (thanks to a great book for me and a new Xbox game for the boys!) and have to say that the concentrated time was really handy - something clicked and I feel like I suddenly get it!
    Hope 2012 is fun - nice to see you over at mine
    fee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you manage to meet some of your resolutions.....cute organiser.....I'm on my way there to check that shop out....while via the net at least!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My list is huge! I finished my wall hanging today. I've started a list on my blog, each time I finish something i'm going to put it on my blog. Only time will tell if it works. I like coming up with ideas, but get very little done.

    Lou x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Improving photography skills is on my list too. I do hope I make the time! Wishing you a very happy new year Carly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great goals for 2012, I'm going to try to use up my stash of yarn and buy no new yarn this year. it's going to be tough!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit, and for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's always a pleasure to hear from readers, and it really makes my day!

Carly

x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...